An Exercise for Checking our Advice to Others ...
1. For one week, observe your own judgments about other people.
- Whenever you are upset by another person’s behaviour, write down the quality in him/her that is most upsetting to you.
- Write down any opinions you have of the people who are closest to you. Be sure to include your friends, family and co-workers.
- This list marks the beginning of discovering your hidden aspects. You will refer to it when you start the process of owning your shadow.
2. Now make a list of the advice you give to other people.
- What are you telling others to do to make their life better?
- Reflect on whether the advice you give to others isn’t just advice to yourself.
- Sometimes we tell other people what to do as a way of reminding ourselves what we need to do. Realise that your advice to them may be a way to remind yourself.
With Compliments : Lyn Thomas Sunshine Yoga & Health https://sunshineyogaholidays.com
Coping with Stress
Is there a human being alive who doesn’t suffer from stress? If there is, seek them out, ask them to share their wisdom. I am sure they would offer the following:
° Cultivate gratitude
° Carve out an hour a day for solitude
° Begin and end the day with prayer, meditation, reflection
° Keep it simple
° Keep your house in order
° Don’t over-schedule
° Strive for realistic deadlines
° Never make a promise you can’t keep
° Allow an extra ½ hour for everything you do
° Create quiet surroundings at home and at work
° Go to bed at 9 o’clock twice a week
° Always carry something interesting to read
° Breathe........deeply and often
° Move.........walk, dance, swim, yoga, find a sport you enjoy
° Drink pure spring water........lots of it
° Eat only when hungry
° If it’s not delicious, don’t eat it
° ‘BE’ instead of ‘DO’
° Surrender expectations
° Create boundaries
° Set aside 1 day a week for rest and renewal
° Laugh more often
° Luxuriate in your senses
° Always opt for comfort
° If you don’t love it, live without it
° Let Mother Nature nurture
° Don’t answer the telephone during dinner
° Stop trying to please everybody
° Start pleasing yourself
° Stay away from negative people
° Don’t squander precious resources: time, creative energy, emotion
° Nurture friendships
° Don’t be afraid of your passion
° Approach problems as challenges
° Honour your aspirations
° Set achievable goals
° For every ‘yes’, let there be a ‘no’
° Don’t worry, it is a wasted emotion, be happy instead
° Remember, happiness is a LIVING emotion
° Exchange security for serenity
° Care for your soul
° Cherish your dreams
° Express love every day
° Search for your authentic self until you find her/him